Friday, July 11, 2014

Saturday Mango Smoothie

Its been many Saturdays, when I got up with the sun shining bright. It's an unusually hot day for this time of the year. In another year, it would be the middle of Monsoons, raining. If there is anything good in this, than it's Mangos. They will keep rolling in till the first Monsoon shower, and disappear after that.
Anyway, it's a no work day and Ritu is still in bed. There is a farm to visit this morning and we need to eat well before that.
So here I find 2 Mangos (langada) and set out for my 2 min smoothie. Quickly chopped them into the jar. Grated 1 inch of ginger, a hefty pinch of mint leaves, Grainny's home made seed mix, 2 spoons of brown Sugar (it is weekend dude!) Handful of ice cubes, and that is it.
Blended it, topping with water to 900ml mark. After 30 -45 seconds the smoothie is ready.

Took the picture, drank my glass, and settled the remaining in fridge, because the girls are still sleeping.

Notes- Mango comes with various aromas, colors and tastes. This one is traditionally not used for smoothies. Exactly why I had to. The ginger compliments the intensely sweet pungency of this variety.

Used to Sugarless smoothies, this added sugar felt a bit too sweet to me. But guess will go well with the other two. Anyway if you are making it, use your own spoon.

The color was rather pale, as the mango is inherently light yellow in color. With added mint, the color became more green. I would not think much of it. I like'em yellow blonde.

No comments:

Post a Comment